Greetings

 

Old News

 
Monthly news articles will be coming.
 

The following is a brief history of the River Rouge Housing Commission

 
 

The River Rouge Housing Commission came into existence in 1948. It is comprised of 300 units, our Hyacinth Court II Community Center located at 460 Lenoir Court, River Rouge, Mi. 48218, and the main office which is located at 180 Visger Road, River Rouge, Mi. 48218.

The 300 units are divided into four Project Areas:

  • Project 1 was named Seneca Terraces constructed in 1952 (48 units located on Polk Street and Beechwood)
  • Project 2 was named Iroquois Terraces also constructed in 1952 (52 units located on Goodell Street)
  • Project 3 was named Seneca and Iroquois Terraces constructed in 1958 (100 units located on Polk, Beechwood and Goodell streets)
  • Project 4 called Scattered Sites constructed in 1963 (100 units located in Superior Ct, Lenoir Ct, Kleinow Street, Polk Street and Goodell Street.

In addition to our 300 Public Housing Units we also administer 249 Section 8 Vouchers from our Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program. The Section 8 Program first came into existence in River Rouge in 1977 under the Section 8 Existing Housing Program. Our Section 8 office is housed in our Hyacinth Court II Community Center, and the current Section 8 Coordinator is named Lori Long.

       Bookmark & Share  
Quick Links

Employment Opportunities

Wait List

Forms & Documents

 

 © 2013 - 2014   River Rouge Housing SiteBuilder by AccuNet